Response & Updates
The Centre is open and fully operational!
General / Member Members
- Reduced capacities (1 person per 8sq m) in all spaces. We will not implement a ‘Book Your Spot’ system. We encourage people to attend at non-peak times if possible (9am – 4pm). Covid Marshals will actively monitor numbers, and in a small minority of cases, you may need to wait before accessing the gym/pool.
- KidsClub will reopen on Thursday, 29 July. Bookings essential.
- Group fitness class occupancies have been lowered (1 person per 8sq m). Bookings via the YMCA SA App are essential for all dryland and aquatic classes. Please be punctual to class start times as late entry will not be permitted.
- Mask wearing is required before and after exercise. Please bring a mask. All other COVID-19 best practice procedures will be in place (see website for details).
- Gym memberships will automatically resume on Wednesday. Details below regarding the catch up debit planned for Thursday, 29/07.
Swim Lesson Families - commencing Thursday, 29 July
- Infant classes (Starfish, Periwinkle, Minnow), which is any class where a parent is also in the water, is still on suspension.
- Due to capacity restrictions, recreational swimming in the program pool will be limited/unavailable from 4-6:30pm Monday through Friday and 8:30-12:00pm on Saturday and Sunday.
- Only 1 spectator/caregiver per participant is permitted and must wear a mask at all times. Children over the age of 12 also need a mask when not in the pool.
- Whenever possible students should come ready to swim. Change room and shower capacities will be limited. If using change rooms we appreciate your patience and ask to be quick in courtesy to others.
- No student free swim time before or after lessons.
- Assessment weeks that were due to be conducted last week will be rescheduled and further communication will happen around this process.
The below make up debit only applies to Parks, Fleurieu, Port Lincoln, Valleys.
Your last membership debit was on the 8th of July for the period 08/07 – 21/07. We were unable to open on the 20th and 21st, so owe you two days from this period.
We did not run our usual debit on the 22nd of July, which is for the period of 22/07 – 04/08. Aligned to opening tomorrow (28/07), we were closed for 6 days of this period.
As such, we will run the catch up debit this Thursday, 29th of July. The debit will be a pro-rata amount for 6 days worth of access (14 day period minus the 2 days owed from the previous period and the 6 days of closure from this period).
Swim Lesson Families
Your last debit was on the 8th of July for the period 08/07 – 21/07. We were unable to open on the 20th and 21st, so owe families credit for classes on these days.
We did not run our usual debit on the 22nd of July, which is for the period of 22/07 – 04/08. Aligned to resuming lessons tomorrow (29/07), we will deliver lessons for the remaining 7 days of this period.
As such, we need to run a 'catch up debit'. This will take place next Thursday, 5 August. The make up debit will be a pro-rata amount taking into account the days owed (20th and 21st) and days of closure this current period. The make up debit next Thursday is in addition to the usual forward period debit (i.e. the debit will be higher than usual next Thursday).
Your last membership debit was on 15/07 for the period 15/07 - 28/08. The centre was open from the 15th - 19th (5 days of this period). As such, the direct debit on 29/07 will be adjusted to reflect a 5 day pro-rata amount.
Swim Lesson Families
Your last debit was on the 15th of July for the period 15/07 – 28/07. We were only able to deliver lessons from the 15th – 19th. As such, the debit tomorrow (29/07) will be reduced to account for the lessons not delivered during the closure. No family will be financially disadvantaged due to the closure.
If you need a bit more time before you're comfortable to return, please submit your suspension request online (standard suspension terms apply). CLICK HERE.
Our Response to COVID-19
Our response to COVID-19 is constantly changing to adapt to updates in restrictions and industry best practice.
- COVID Marshals will be on duty during staffed hours to ensure all aspects of our centres COVID Safe Plans are adhered to.
- As required, classes and programs may be slightly modified to be COVID safe. Examples include reduced occupancies, changes to delivery to reduce contact and ensure social distancing, reduced equipment sharing and increased cleaning of equipment.
- We are meticulously cleaning and sanitising the centre more than ever before. You will see us throughout the day sanitising high contact locations (doors, handles, equipment, etc). In addition, every evening professional cleaners sanitise our facilities and have been briefed on COVID-19 specific cleaning requirements.
- You will see plenty of signage and communications reinforcing density/occupancy, social distancing and enhanced hygiene measures. In addition to informing you of these requirements, the signage is also present to remind you of the important role you play.
- Come ready to work out, exercise and be active - government recommendation is to keep visits within 1.5 hours.
- Hygiene stations will be placed at entrances and throughout our centres. Please use hand sanitizer frequently, upon entering, exiting, and throughout your time in the centre.
- Proactively monitored by staff, we ask our customers to abide by occupancy/density restrictions. Signage will be placed accordingly reinforcing social distancing requirements (1.5m distances) and noting specific occupancy limits in spaces.
- Customers showing cold/flu-like indications (cough, fever and/or respiratory symptoms) are not permitted in the facility until these symptoms have cleared for a number of days.
- We strongly encourage payment by EFTPOS (debit card/credit card/mobile payment).
- Whenever possible members will be directed online for new memberships, program enrollments, group fitness bookings, outstanding balance payments, etc.
- Water fountains are only available for filling water bottles.
- We encourage all staff and customers to download the COVIDSafe app. All staff have completed COVID-19 infection control training.
- Member and visit pass holder attendance is tracked via card scanning and will be used for contact tracing purposes if required.