Access and Inclusion
The Parks Recreation and Sports Centre believes that people of all abilities should have equal access to health and fitness activities.
The Parks has incorporated a number of accessibility initiatives in its design, build and program implementation, including:
- Accessible and family change rooms
- Learners and program pool
- Pool hoist, ramp and handrails
- Free admission for carers with Companion Card
As part of the YMCA South Australia family, The Parks also facilitates YMCA LEAP programs. YMCA LEAP is the leading provider of inclusive recreation opportunities for people living with a disability in South Australia
LEAP is NDIS friendly and their services and programs can be included as part of your plan. They will work with you to establish and achieve your goals in the area of recreation and community participation.
For more information on YMCA LEAP, their programs and services, visit Leap Inclusion Services
The Parks Recreation & Sports Centre is home to the NeuroMoves programs delivered by Spinal Cords Injuries Australia. NeuroMoves specialises in providing therapy for acute conditions including:
- Spinal cord injuries (paraplegia and quadriplegia)
- Acquired brain injury (ABI)
- Transverse myelitisMultiple sclerosis (MS)
- Motor neurone disease (MND)
- Cerebral Palsy (CP) and any;
- physical or neurological condition.
For further information about how to get involved email firstname.lastname@example.org