Running 48 weeks of the year, YMCA Swimming Lessons help your child build healthy habits and safe water practices. As an Austswim Recognised Swim Centre, you can rest assured that your child will receive the best aquatic education available with nationally accredited swimming instructors.
- $19.95/week paid via fortnightly direct debit payments (additional children receive a 5% discount)
- Students have unlimited pool access outside of lesson times to practice their newly learnt skills
- Lessons available for all abilities and ages, 6 months to adults (infant and disability instructors hold specialised qualifications)
- Convenient fortnightly direct debit payments encourages continual skill progression with no re-enrolment process
- No start-up fees, no lock-in contracts, no cancellation penalties (14 day notice required)
- Convenient Make-Up Lesson Policy and free 4 week summer break suspension
Programs For All Ages
Babies & Toddlers (6 months - 3 years)
Using songs, games and activities to teach a variety of skills including entry, floating, breathing and movement. With the parent/carer and child in the water together, the focus is on water familiarisation, exploration and safety skills.
Preschool Program (3 years to school age)
Focus on water confidence and basic foundation skills in swimming, survival and water safety. It guides children through fun activities, gradually building upon their breathing, floating and movement skills, while encouraging independence.
School Aged (5+ years)
Teaches a range of skills and knowledge to develop swimming, water safety, survival and basic rescue skills that can save lives. Focusing on stroke development, it promotes a healthy respect for the aquatic environment and is a solid foundation for a range of aquatic recreation, fitness and sporting activities.
Adult Swimming Lessons
We offer comprehensive swimming lessons for adults of various skill levels. From beginners and intermediate adult classes to advanced stroke correction, our experienced teachers cater to a students individual needs.