Free child memberships
Free child memberships
The YMCA managers some of SA's premier pools and recreation centres, and our facilities offer a place for children to learn lifelong healthy habits, whether it's swimming, shooting hoops, or providing a place to run.
Free child memberships are available for All Access Members, children must be under 10 years old and reside with the eligble member.
Drop in sport
Drop in to our stadium. BYO equipment
Swim in our 25m lap pool
Come for a splash in our program pool
- Restricted to All Access Members (including concession, mates rates and foundation members) which are on direct debit membership agreements. Member must be financial with no outstanding balance.
- Children must be under 10 years of age and reside within the same household and be related by blood, marriage, common-law or legal guardianship to that of the member (Proof required, i.e. Medicare Card, Birth Certificate).
- Registration for FREE Child Memberships must be completed online at the Centre’s website. FREE Child Memberships are not approved and granted until a Facility Access Card has been issued.
Terms & Conditions
- Children under 10 must be accompanied and actively supervised by an Adult (16Y+) at all times in the centre. Aligned with Watch Around Water policies, children under 5 must be within arms reach of an adult at all times while in the pool.
- FREE Child Membership entitles the child under 10 to access all facility amenities that are available via casual admission including, but not limited to, aquatic facilities (including slides and inflatables) as well as stadium courts (when available for public/member use) for court sports such as basketball, soccer, netball, badminton etc. Please bring your own equipment for stadium sports (ie. rackets, balls and birdies).
- FREE Children membership can be cancelled upon request or, will automatically expire on the child's 10th birthday or upon the cancellation/expiry of the All Access membership it is linked to, whichever comes first.
- By registering for and using the FREE Child membership, you acknowledge that you have read, understand and will abide by the Centre’s rules, regulations and conditions of entry. In addition, you will not hold the YMCA of South Australia, its facilities, licensees agents or employees liable for any loss or injury whatsoever which may be sustained while at the Centre, subject to statutory rights.
- YMCA South Australia maintains the right to change or end the FREE Child Membership benefit at any time, or cancel a FREE Child Membership for any reason, including breaches of the Terms & Conditions.
- Current participating sites include The Parks Sports & Recreation Centre, Fleurieu Aquatic Centre, St Clair Recreation Centre, The Valleys Lifestyle Centre, Marion Leisure & Fitness Centre, Whyalla Recreation Centre and the Port Lincoln Leisure Centre.